SNAPSHOT MAP not rendering

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Dear Community

At trying to implement a SNAPSHOT() expression in a Docs template, I reproduced this:

<<SNAPSHOT(LINKTOVIEW("Map"))>>

As described in the documentation here:

SNAPSHOT() - AppSheet Help

Nonetheless, I get this in the PDF generated:

Aurelien_0-1659695025709.png

Anyone knows how to solve this ? Is it a bug ?

Thanks 

Solved Solved
3 8 393
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Awesome! I've update the release notes to reflect that this issue has been fixed!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Yes @Aurelien , just confirming with a quick test on a test app that I am also getting the same behavior as you observed.

Yes, it sounds like a bug, unless AppSheet has introduced some new additional setting that we are unaware of.

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar for taking the time to test ! I appreciate that 😁

@lizlynch , would you mind tagging someone who could confirm this is a bug or not  ? If so, I will file a ticket for support team.

Thank you in advance !

Cheers

Last week also this issue was reported.

snapshot not working - Google Cloud Community

Hi @Aurelien , 

I was just able to reproduce this issue using a Docs Template, as well. I would agree that it's a bug!
(I am not aware of any additional settings that have been added that would cause this issue.)

Thanks in advance for reporting it to the Support team! (I will mention it to the team, as well.)

Liz

The fix for this issue went into production yesterday. I've tested it and snapshots of map views seem to work correctly again for me. Can anyone else confirm?

Thank you @hugheshilton.  I tested SNAPSHOT()  in an automation and it is working. The map view appeared in the email body generated through automation.

Thank you @lizlynch  for taking it up with the development team.

Awesome! I've update the release notes to reflect that this issue has been fixed!

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Got some news...time out issue now 😅

I will make another ticket ! I keep you updated.

Top Labels in this Space