SNAPSHOT()

Suu
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Hello!

I 'm using SNAPSHOT(), but it is a little blurry.

So with small text, it becomes unreadable.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

0 14 353
14 REPLIES 14

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You might have some success using a format rule if the snapshot image is captured in a column:

Steve_0-1662649468885.png

Format Rules: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Thank you for answering! It was a good learning experience.
But it didn't solve my problem.
Actually, I'm using SNAPSHOT() on a bar chart view, and it's hard to see the text on its Y and X axes.
If the method you taught me didn't fix it, is it difficult to solve the problem?

I am not aware of any other way to adjust image size within AppSheet.

Some app creators use an external service to generate charts and graphs in AppSheet. I myself haven't done so, so I can't speak to whether the alternatives might help you.

Using QuickChart in your apps - Google Cloud Community

I see. I will study it. Thank you!

Hi Steve.

I am a newbie using appsheet, and reading this article I want to ask you a question. I need to use snapshot to take an image of a map view and save it to an image column of a table. Is it possible to do this? Can I use an action to trigger the screenshot?

I appreciate your help.

@Steve wrote:

Using QuickChart in your apps - Google Cloud Community

๐Ÿ’ฏ

I find SNAPSHOT() to be quite useless IMO

@SkrOYC wrote:

I find SNAPSHOT() to be quite useless IMO

โœ…

Looks good, although it needs GSheet and GAppScript

Thanks for the info! It is very interesting.

@juanp38 wrote:

snapshot to take an image of a map view and save it to an image column

Not possible:

SNAPSHOT() - AppSheet Help

Hello SkrOYC

Although since it is not possible to save the image of a snapshot in a column of a table. It would be possible to create an action so that clicking on an icon takes the capture and sends it directly to my template?. What I'm trying to do is include in a report an enlarged image of a location on a map.

thanks

I appreciate your help

I'd suggest you to search on the forum about your particular use case or post in the QA section.
I'm not used to SNAPSHOT() since I don't use it and my go-to in your case would be to use an HTML/CSS with some Map API or Iframe integration

The following tip is already referred in this post thread. You may want to take a look at it.

Tip to ALWAYS AUTOMATICALLY include The LATEST UPD... - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space