SUMIF Child Values in a Parent Record

Hello,

This is my first post on here; so far Iโ€™ve been able to work through any obstacles Iโ€™ve come across based on reading previous posts, but Iโ€™ve finally gotten stumped on something where I canโ€™t find a previous post with the same context as what Iโ€™m trying to do. In a nutshell, my app does the following:

• Parent record/table records an order line item with an order quantity (among other information)
  • Each parent record has multiple child records
    - Each child record is for a pallet of product we manufacture for that order
    - Each child record has a quantity built field (which is filled out when the pallet is started) as the quantities are a default, and a status field that has logic to update based other criteria that determine when manufacturing and inspection processes are completed.
    - There can be multiple child records in a โ€œIn processโ€ status at a given time due to multiple workstations for the same order line item.

Iโ€™ve created a VC in my order line items table for the current sum of completed child records. As the status for the child records changes to โ€œcompletedโ€, this VC field updates to show the current completed quantity. For example, there is a parent order line item record for 100 parts & 5 child records, each for a pallet of 20 parts (in 5 separate workstations). As the child recordsโ€™ status changes to โ€œcompleteโ€, the VC field updates, eventually to 100 when all child records are in a complete state.

The problem Iโ€™m having with my expression is getting the the appropriate โ€œIFโ€ criteria to work for the child records. Right now, Iโ€™m successfully summing all child records regardless of the child recordsโ€™ status field, but whenever I try adding the โ€œstatusโ€ qualifier, I get some sort of error. Hereโ€™s my latest attempt thatโ€™s not working:

I feel like Iโ€™ve gotten too far into the weeds in trying to figure this one out so a fresh perspective would be helpful.

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 3 251
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

3 REPLIES 3

Just to clarify, 2x2 Rail Inspections is the child record table.

3X_0_a_0ad1f729405351b01d374cb04fc42ce2f2bc01db.png

Face palm. Thank you Marc, I figured it was right in front of me.

Top Labels in this Space