Salesforce Add row to FeedItem table

Hello, 

I'm trying to insert a new row into my salesforce table "FeedItem". The goal here is to add a 'chatter' message on a specific salesforce account via a bot. Unfortuantly, I'm not actually able to add the FeedItem table from salesforce, because salesforce has a restriction "Implementation restriction: FeedItem requires a filter by Id". Meaning that when appSheet tries to read the table by sending "Select * from FeedItem", the salesforce API rejects the request, because it only allows queries such as "Select * from FeedItem where id='xxxxx'".

So, my question here is; is there any way that I can insert a new row into the FeedItem table, without actually ADDING the table to appSheet? Other no-code products out there such as make.io allow me to do such a thing, but of course, that would be an additional cost...

0 1 264
1 REPLY 1

To be clear, typically Salesforce is used as a datasource for an AppSheet app.  Any row adds/edits are automatically synced between the two systems.  However you cannot add the FeedItem table because it has special selection criteria on it that AppSheet is not setup to account for.  (FYI, it maybe that "chatter" is a Salesforce proprietary feature that they don't want to allow access to from external apps)

In your case you want to add rows to a Salesforce table NOT part of an app.  You would need to treat Salesforce as an external system and use an AppSheet webhook to interact with the Salesforce API.   The only question is if the Salesforce API will allows adds to the FeedItem table??

Top Labels in this Space