Same expression of a virtual column not giving results in more than one table

Hi
I have a table “Purchase” that includes purchases of different SKU
In another Table A, I’ve created a virtual column “Related Purchases” to list all purchases of specific SKUs using expression REF_ROWS(“Purchase”, “SKU”) and also created another virtual column “Purchased Qty” using expression Sum([Related Purchases][Quantity])
This is giving an appropriate result as expected.

However, when I’m using exact same logic and expression in another Table B, it is not giving any result. I tried creating another Table C but the same issue of no results.

Request if anyone can help.

Solved Solved
0 4 254
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @Kirk_Masden!
I could figure out the key related issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Neeraj_Malik! Welcome to the community!

I wonder if key issues could be causing your problem:

REF_ROWS(“Order Details”, “Order ID”) gives a list of rows from the Order Details table whose Order ID column value matches this row’s key column value, where “this row” is the row from which the REF_ROWS() expression is evaluated.
https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2357313-ref_rows

Do the tables you mentioned have corresponding keys? Are you familiar with the concept of a “key”?

Hi @Kirk_Masden
Thanks for your response!
Yes, I understand very little around key concept. The keys in most of my tables are different based on the values that I want to have as unique in that respective table.

Guide me on what could be the key related issue. Will see if the same can be worked out.

Hi @Neeraj_Malik!

I think the best guidance about keys is in the “What is a key?” article I cited above. You need to look in your table and see what is marked as the key column. If each table has a column marked as the key column that has the same contents, I think your problem will be resolved. Good luck!

Thanks @Kirk_Masden!
I could figure out the key related issue.

Top Labels in this Space