Save button pressed with the 'Enter' button of the keyboard. Is it possible?

My app is used on the PC mostly. I would like to be able to press the Save button in the app by pressing Enter on my keyboard. Is it possible? At the moment I move down to the next line when I press Enter. There are 10 lines and when I press Enter the 11. time it activates the Save button.

2 13 478
13 REPLIES 13

Keyboard navigability definitely is suboptimal in AppSheets. Thereโ€™s lots of room for improvement regarding this feature, which is critical to universal accessibility. 

Ugh I was hoping to see a solution here. I would also love to be able to press Enter to save my form without having to touch the mouse. I understand it's not much work to reach the mouse and click on Save, but I have a lot of data entry to do and it would save quite a bit of time otherwise.

In AppSheet's apps, the 'Tab' key works for moving cursor to the next entry. I'm using touchscreen notebooks, and PCs connected to touchscreen monitors. Saving (or Cancelling) forms by moving finger to touch at the bottom bar on the screen is okay/acceptable (when being used to it).

To be clear: For lots of users, that indeed meets the need. However, many users rely solely on keyboard navigation, sometimes in conjunction with screen reader software, due to visual or even motor skills impairment.

By design, looks & feels AppSheet is very clear to be used on mobile/touch devices mainly IMO. They may not bother to invest much energy on features for desktop users, which would not be their main target.

That's almost 1 year old post.

It's an active topic. Check out some of the newer replies.

I see but it seems no scheduled delivery date.

FYI, visually impaired users indeed use mobile devices and depend on app compatibility with iOS/Android accessibility features designed to enable them to interact with apps in ways other than tapping a specific location on a screen.

Everyone knows, but

Capture.jpg

or any of what outside the "main target"

SkrOYC_0-1659112440394.png

SkrOYC_1-1659112454023.png

I don't get it, I read it clearly

Uma soluรงรฃo temporรกria que encontrei aqui รฉ deixar a opรงรฃo Auto save habilitada e deixando por รบltimo na ordem dos campos o campo que minha cliente digita por รบltimo no formulรกrio. Os campos nรฃo obrigatรณrios precisam ficar no inรญcio para nรฃo criar problemas de usabilidade.

Espero que tenha ajudado!

mutuadigital_0-1711131031227.png

Top Labels in this Space