Save for later and send PDF when fully complete.

Is it possible (in table form), to save a entry for later without having the bot send a PDF email? With the inspections we do, we need this ability to come back and edit later. We don't want 2-3 emails with differing PDF's. I don't know if this is possible on appsheet. 

0 14 243
14 REPLIES 14

Sure, set up the bot's event condition to only fire on a certain value in a certain column, and don't set that value until you're ready for the bot to fire.

So for example, if we need to wait 2-3 days to add a specification pressure, until that specification pressure is added, it won't fire the bot? How do you do this. 

For example, a PSV inspection sheet. They need to refill the "replacement PSV" part of the sheet later. Is it possible to program it so if these specific entries are filled out, then the bot triggers. If they aren't filled in, the PDF won't be sent. This would be about 3 columns that would need to be filled out to trigger the bot. 

Or, is it possible to send a PDF ONLY if all the entries are filled out? If 7/10 entries aren't filled out, it won't send for example. 

Or.. create an action button user can press when everything is completed. You can for example write the value as NOW() so it triggers the bot everytime when it's pressed. Sometimes it's difficult to "calculate" if everything is ready or not.

How would create the action item? Is this possible in table format? Would it be added where cancel/save is located? 

Do you have any examples of this so I can reference? 

For example like this.. 

AleksiAlkio_0-1687205030903.png

Is there a way to make it so that only if ALL the entries are filled out, the PDF bot is triggered? For example, if 7/10 entries are filled out, it doesn't send an email.

Sure, you would need to check with the formula that all fields are filled.. and wrap them with AND().

Can you give an example of how to do this formula? I'm not good with the formulas. 

There are many ways and it depends what column types you have. But for example.. AND(ISNOTBLANK([Col#1]),ISNOTBLANK([Col#2]),...) But if you use this kind of formula, it will trigger the Bot every time when all fields are filled, but someone modifies one of them.

If im using a enum type, is the code the same? 

Yes you can use the same

Top Labels in this Space