Scan icon search bar not showing

Hi folks,

Question of a newbie here:

I fail to create an app with a barcode scan search functionality. It pretends to work fine in the preview in the browser but when i open the app on my phone, the small scan icon is not inside the search bar. The field that i want to search on is marked "Scan?" in the table's data section.

What might I be doing wrong? 

Cheers,

Maxโ€ƒ

On my phone: (iPhone)

514997B7-6F77-44C4-89B0-80AD984387E6_1_201_a.jpeg

โ€ƒOn my Appsheet Enviroment:

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 17.46.20.png

Solved Solved
0 6 919
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Check permission allowed for AppSheet (Camera).

Note that it's available only on AppSheet app installed on devices like Smartphones and tablets, not on web browsers. In case you are using AppSheet on devices, make sure you open your apps on AppSheet app installed on the devices (not on browsers installed on your devices like Chrome, Safari, etc.)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

To be honest, it seems weird for me (haven't use that before) to have scan on the searchbox, maybe is something new they are trying to implement?

Ask help to:
Contact Us - AppSheet Help

It's always available as basic feature of AppSheet making your life much much easier. My users are using it intensively. I bet you would love AppSheet much more.

I haven't been presented with the use case, instead I prefer the "scan and execute an action" kind of setup. This is just for search, right?

Check permission allowed for AppSheet (Camera).

Note that it's available only on AppSheet app installed on devices like Smartphones and tablets, not on web browsers. In case you are using AppSheet on devices, make sure you open your apps on AppSheet app installed on the devices (not on browsers installed on your devices like Chrome, Safari, etc.)

That did fix it! So it seems the QR scan icon only shows up when you have the appsheet Application installed on your device and then open your appsheet-app there. 

It seems trivial to also make this work on the browser, but I might be mistaken? It would greatly lower the threshold for users to use this amazing feature. 

On desktop browsers, you need a dedicated scanner (used as addtional keyboard) . It also works very well (even the cheap ones).

Top Labels in this Space