Scan with cam and sheet timestamp

Hello,

i have an issue with the scan function and the timestamp with username in Google Sheets.

I got a app with a scan function and it uses Google Sheets as target. If i change something, Sheets shows the last change with name and timestamp.

If my users use the scan feature, it always displays my name and not the users name in the timestamp.

How can i fix this?

Thank you,

greetings

Bastian

Solved Solved
0 1 56
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

By default, an app accesses its data source in the name of the app creator. It's possible to change this setting so that the app accesses the data source in the name of the app user; in this case, the app user must have explicit access to the data source. See explanations in Access mode: as app creator or app user - AppSheet Help

Perhaps more typically, app creators leave the default setting in place and track user activity as needed within the app. Some relevant techniques are referenced in  SUMMARY TIP: User permissions, roles, and settings - Google Cloud Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

By default, an app accesses its data source in the name of the app creator. It's possible to change this setting so that the app accesses the data source in the name of the app user; in this case, the app user must have explicit access to the data source. See explanations in Access mode: as app creator or app user - AppSheet Help

Perhaps more typically, app creators leave the default setting in place and track user activity as needed within the app. Some relevant techniques are referenced in  SUMMARY TIP: User permissions, roles, and settings - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space