Scanned data from one table to another

I am brand new to all this, so any help would be much apricated

I am trying to build a simple inventory app. When a package comes in, I want to create a label with a QR code. Then scan that into the app as checked in, and scan it again when a tech checks it out. I have a table titled Items. This table has 4 columns of information that goes on the qr code. I have several other columns that I would like to have filled when I scan the package in and out. I have another table titled scan that holds all that information. How do I get the Item table to show everything as well. ? Capture002.JPGCapture001.JPG

0 2 66
2 REPLIES 2

@Bparham wrote:

When a package comes in, I want to create a label with a QR code

Easy enough with a column that makes the code with something like:

CONCATENATE(
 "https://quickchart.io/qr?text=",
 ENCODEURL(
  [Code]
 )
)

@Bparham wrote:

Then scan that into the app as checked in, and scan it again when a tech checks it out.

This requires some manual config and maybe an extra table

@Bparham wrote:

have a table titled Items. This table has 4 columns of information that goes on the qr code

Ok, this is getting into another territory. You want the QR code to have human-readable data and at the same time serve as an ID to find the corresponding record inside the app?

@Bparham wrote:

I have several other columns that I would like to have filled when I scan the package in and out. I have another table titled scan that holds all that information

Dereference I guess, but you need to configure the rest before

@Bparham wrote:

How do I get the Item table to show everything as well. ?

No idea which table is this

I think that is a Dereference issue. I just want to have some matching cells on both tables. So if I input some information into a cell on my scan table that information will fill in the same named row and cell on the Item sheet. 

Top Labels in this Space