Scanning - Multiple items 1 line

Good Day,

I have 30 items, which I have generated a unique barcode for each item,

When we drop off items at a customer site, I need to scan what items were dropped off, as I give the customer his item.

I need to scan all these items to 1 field only, for example

Customer : Mr Freddy

Items : SC-01, SC-05, PO-05, LT35

I know this can be done with a Enumlist, or dropdown etc, but I am trying to make this as simple as possible for the delivery person. Just scan items and leave site. 

The problem I have with Scan option, it erases the existing scan when you add another to an existing field.

DH

0 1 98
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Danielson , you can't add all your scans to a single field, but there's another way.

You could make a "Drop off" table as a parent table, and a "Products dropped" table as its child.

Then, when creating a new "Drop off", you would choose a client and location once.

Then, you would add each product dropped one by one using a single scan field with an auto advance function and a re-opening form, that way the user would just keep scanning without having to do anything else until all the items are scanned.

After that's done, you would have a "Drop off" record with a list of the products that were dropped, you can easily integrate that into any inventory management system as well, what do you think?

Top Labels in this Space