Scanning Number then autosave after showing the details

Hi Appsheet Users/Community,

I am new developer who is discovering the feautures of this app.

I want to know if there is a way for appsheet to automatically save the data after scanning. Below is the output that I want to achieve. For now, I need to hit the save button to save the data.

Gregory0110_0-1666053715855.png

Solved Solved
0 7 166
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Not necessarily another field. You just need to move the focus away from the Scan field to complete data entry operation. (I have not tried it on a scan field but a text field works the same way. You enter text and as soon as you move the cursor outside the field, the form completes and opens again for a new row.)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I believe this is the closest AppSheet offers currently.

TeeSee1_0-1666054787508.png

Hi @TeeSee1 , I have tried those features but I still need to manually click the save button.

Gregory0110_0-1666055125759.png

I believe to complete data entry in a field, you need to either hit enter or move to another field. Scanning by itself does not complete the Form.

So you probably need to touch the screen outside your scan field.

Again, the best it offers currently.

Noted on this @TeeSee1 , so I really need to add additional field where the user need to filled it up to use the auto save. Thank you.

Not necessarily another field. You just need to move the focus away from the Scan field to complete data entry operation. (I have not tried it on a scan field but a text field works the same way. You enter text and as soon as you move the cursor outside the field, the form completes and opens again for a new row.)

Animation.gif

Thank you @TeeSee1 , I think I really need to add another text field where they need to manually input a data.

Top Labels in this Space