Scanning a barcode or looking up item name within same field

I have an inventory management app where users scan qr codes to pull up the inventory item. Not all users have access to scanning (eg, those accessing the app on their browser), so I would like to find a way for users to be able to search for the item or scan the qr code, while having these two columns linked. Currently I f someone scans a QR code it pulls in the item value using a lookup expression, and I would like this to work the same for the sku value were the user to select the item name first.

My initial thought was to have the suggested values for the sku field show the product name, then when selected it actually pulls in the sku. Havenโ€™t found a way to make this happen though.

I also thought about creating a button where users select first if they want to scan or search for the item (having the initial value default based on context host), and then I would show or hide the sku or item fields accordingly. This creates a circular definition error as both columns would be dependent upon each other to lookup the value.

Any thoughts or guidance is appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 2 1,065
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for your quick reply. So there would be a way to have the item name values show in the sku drop down using labels. Is that correct? If I tag the item name column as the label, how do I then have it to show up in the drop down for the sku column?
I wasnโ€™t able to determine how the second resource you sent would be applied. 

Top Labels in this Space