Scheduled Automation Not Trigger

I am developing and operating an AppSheet service for employees to use within the company.

I have created an automation to retrieve rows from a Google Sheet at a specific time each day, find rows that meet certain conditions, and send emails to the corresponding email addresses in those rows.

However, this automation is not working as expected.

1. The app is already deployed and in use within the company.
2. The automation is enabled.
3. Manually running it works fine and emails are sent.
4. Checking the monitor did not reveal any triggered events.
5. The company uses Google Workspace. Although I am not an admin, I am aware that Google Workspace provides a Core plan by default.

What could be the reason why the events are not triggering?

My Automation is:

spoon_aaron_0-1711702372041.png

0 7 89
7 REPLIES 7

How have you specified the Bot? Printscreen?

I attached the screenshot.
It's simple.

And you have at least one row in books_list table where the date is less than today?

Sure!

If I click the "run" button, it works fine, (emails are sent.)

What happens if you have something like [KeyColumn]="Something" so it can find only one row? With this way you can be sure it's not coming from the condition.. though there isn't anything wrong.

This service is an in-house library management program. Our company owns books that employees can borrow and read.

The automation is intended to send notification emails to borrowers when their borrowed books are overdue.
The [Date] represents the due date, and if it's earlier than today when compared with the Today() function, it indicates that the book is overdue, and an email should be sent to the borrower.

When I manually click the 'run' button at the top of the Automation, emails are automatically sent to all overdue users. (Works fine)

However, it doesn't trigger at the scheduled time.

When I manually click 'run', I can see it triggering successfully in the Automation Monitor and emails being sent to all overdue users.

But it doesn't trigger at the scheduled time.

Did you test it with one row only as I proposed earlier?

Top Labels in this Space