Scheduled Report - How to "not send" if no records..

Hello All..

I have a simple report that is on a scheduler to send every day.  It works well.  However I need to put some condition logic "somewhere" so that, in the event there are no records that it either (a) doesn't send the report or (b) sends a different template body (one that says there are no records to display).

The column in question (which returns the list of records) is "RefMasterData" - see screen shot below.

I am guessing there is an expression that I can put somewhere to the effect that if the number of records is zero then to not send the scheduled report, but not sure where to put this or the syntax/format.  So any help on that would be appreciated.

The other option (to send a different email template if there are no records) may be trickier and will probably involve an expession in the event (as opposed to the task), so I would probably need 2 tasks (one if there are records and one if there are no records) with their own email templates.  Again the place to put this expression and the syntax would be helpful.

RoryF_1-1647780214643.png

Many thanks,

RoryF

Solved Solved
0 5 123
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RoryF ,

I am sure someone else will answer. On the face of it the expression can be as simple as ISNOTBLANK([RefMasterData]) OR COUNT([RefMasterData])>0 to allow the report to go through.

However I had requested more details because wanted to give more specific response based on how report is configured. Anyway, I am sure someone else will respond. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Have responded to your this query in the other post you had initiated today. 

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Reports-Adding-Graphs-and-Charts/m-p/405181#M15...

Thanks Suvrutt..

As I pointed out in my other post these are 2 different issues.

I would like to hear from ANYONE who can answer this question please. I am sure there is an expression that I need which (to paraphrase) is like: "If recordcount(RefMasterData) > 0 " do something.  I just don't know what the correct syntax is OR where to put this expression.

Any thought from anyone else please.

Regards,

RoryF

Hi @RoryF ,

I am sure someone else will answer. On the face of it the expression can be as simple as ISNOTBLANK([RefMasterData]) OR COUNT([RefMasterData])>0 to allow the report to go through.

However I had requested more details because wanted to give more specific response based on how report is configured. Anyway, I am sure someone else will respond. 

Thank you.

That looks like something I can use. I will give it a go.

Thanks,

RoryF

That works - as I said all I wanted was the expression..

RoryF_0-1647802998844.png

Top Labels in this Space