Scheduled bot ran multiple times

Hello-

Has anyone encountered any issues for scheduled bots that ran multiple times even it should ran only once?

Here's the screenshot of the trigger of the bot

JuneCorpuz_0-1685719081339.png

Here's the screenshot from the Automation Monitor

JuneCorpuz_1-1685719163214.png

Note: 9:00 AM EST is 1:00 PM UTC

Already reported this with AppSheet support and told me that there's a possibility that someone triggered it manually  ๐Ÿ˜…

Thank you!

0 16 647
16 REPLIES 16

If it's triggered more than once, that you can eliminate if you check that at least from the Audit history. It shows if it's triggered manually or with the schedule. From the Audit history you could probably see more reasons what it could be. Any chance you have two Bots doing the same thing.. one data change and one scheduled. Just trying to think what the reason could be other than a bug.

When the scheduled Bot is triggered, is the 2nd one triggered always and is this happening always 5 minutes later? What kind of Bot is it? Does it need to wait a condition, duration, etc.?

Hello Aleksi. There's no condition. It is just a scheduled bot that will run every 1PM UTC (9AM EST) and my client doesn't run it manually. Does updating record will trigger the scheduled bots? 

Here's the log:

JuneCorpuz_0-1685971909084.png

No it doesn't trigger the Bot if someone updates the record. It should only trigger it when the selected time is reached.

If that logs belongs to your scheduled Bot, it seems that it is triggered several times in a day. Please take a printscreen from the Audit history, not from the Automation monitor.

Hello @AleksiAlkio 

Apologies for the late response. Here are the screenshots from the Audit History

JuneCorpuz_0-1687965739434.png

JuneCorpuz_1-1687965756139.png

No worries. If you open both of these logs, you are able to see from the details if it's triggered with the schedule or with manually. Please check that next.

Here are the audit log details

JuneCorpuz_0-1688047350342.png

JuneCorpuz_1-1688047367289.png

Everything seems to be just fine. Both are triggered by the schedule, not manually. It's the EventType detail that shows it. To investigate more, I would need to have access to your app. If you want that, please send me a PM.

Hello Aleksi. Thank you for your help! We already solved the problem by creating another app (with just few tables unlike the main app) to run the scheduled bots

Good that you were able to solve it. Though it would be interesting to see where the time is going.

The only time I've had something like this happen is when I launched the bot manually, and the script timed out because it reached the execution time limit. Seemingly when this happened, the bot launched again, however I manually terminated the script rather than waiting to see if the bot continually repeats.

Thank you for your reply! I think our app is timing out too. We moved the bot to another app (with just few tables unlike the main app) and it's now fixed!

My daily bot is also being triggered multiple times a day. With about a 10 minute succession it runs three times. It does have a trigger formula with select() that has to read through a large file. How can I prevent it from timing out? De bot does function correctly, only to many times.

Jurian_0-1702899179469.png

Looks like this problem. Any workarounds? Or just decrease the database size?

One workaround is to create a slice that filters the data amount and then if you run the Bot against that slice,  the 5 minutes limitation may not be exceded.

Top Labels in this Space