Scheduled bot returns 0 rows when run on Slice or with Filter

I have a Daily scheduled bot that runs every night.  It runs a process of several data actions against each row in the table it applies to.  When it runs it gives me this message in the Audit Log indicating that the slice is surfacing 0 rows:

Properties:
{
"ForTableNameRows": "Table or slice 'Compound Mismatch' returned 0 rows",
"AppTemplateName": "d2328598-8320-43fe-a2b5-3830aac4a22e",
"Operation": "Unknown",
"Result": "Success"
}

The slice in fact has 6 rows. Here are the settings for the event:

thethunderbird_0-1657425932090.png

It works when I run it against the entire table.  It returns 0 rows when I select the Slice, or any other Slice, or put anything in the Filter Condition field other than true.

Solved Solved
0 5 219
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was a blank value comparison operator issue.  My app had the Legacy setting and it was causing the expression for the slice to work differently in the app vs the bot.  I changed the setting and added some ISBLANK() expressions to the filter and it solved it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You may want to share your slice condition and also check if  your slice filter is not similar to the case being discussed in the post below. 

Slice view rendering wrong set of rows - Google Cloud Community

I don't believe it's this but I think your suggestion might have got me going in the right direction...

I think this might be a blank value comparison operator issue: https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11510515?visit_id=637930267989710947-4230206164&p=configu...

I will update the topic with my results.

It was a blank value comparison operator issue.  My app had the Legacy setting and it was causing the expression for the slice to work differently in the app vs the bot.  I changed the setting and added some ISBLANK() expressions to the filter and it solved it.

Great. Thank you for the update. Such  post threads with final solution updated help any future community member seeking a similar solution.

Top Labels in this Space