Screenshots as Initial Value

In my app I would like to retrieve a screenshot as an Initial Value of an image.  In reading the documentation, there are confusing contradictions. And nothing i have tried works. Please help.

Solved Solved
0 5 163
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AFAIK, there is no way to make an AppSheet column's default value be the most recent screenshot or other image saved on a device.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Are you referencing the SNAPSHOT function? Per the AppSheet Help article, that function is only available in a Create a new file or Send an email task.

Sorry, I didnโ€™t make my question very clear. I will elaborate: I want to take a screenshot on my cell phone, and then when I add a new record, in the AppSheets app, have the Initial value of that record be that screenshot. I know, I can add that screenshot manually, but there is time consideration in the use of my app, I want it to be fast and automatic.  

In the documentation it says that AppSheets cannot access files on the deviceโ€“in this case a cell phoneโ€“the user must perform the access. I was just hoping that I wasnโ€™t fully understanding that issue. 

If I make the initial value of an image the path to a file on Google Drive, and add a record and save it and reopen it, then it will show that image. And that would be fine with me. But, no matter what I do, if I make the path to the screenshots on my cell phone, it wonโ€™t work.

I hope that clarifies it.

AFAIK, there is no way to make an AppSheet column's default value be the most recent screenshot or other image saved on a device.

Correct.

Thanks, it's greatly appreciated.

Top Labels in this Space