Script calls from AppSheet won't stop

Hello,

I created a task to call the script and after about a month of using it in my automation I deleted it as it was no longer needed.

I already deleted the function in the script, but the script still has execution history and errors.

What should the app do to prevent the error from occurring?

Error content:

Script function not found: excuteInspctionTermUpdateFromAppsheet

Solved Solved
0 5 246
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did you delete, or at least disable the Bot, that was calling the Script?  Could there be another Bot attempting to call the Script?

Check the Audit Logs for this error.  It may point you to the specific Bot causing the error.

If everything above checks out then please contact Support.  It could be there is a bug in the Script call feature as it is relatively new.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Did you delete, or at least disable the Bot, that was calling the Script?  Could there be another Bot attempting to call the Script?

Check the Audit Logs for this error.  It may point you to the specific Bot causing the error.

If everything above checks out then please contact Support.  It could be there is a bug in the Script call feature as it is relatively new.

I have already deleted the bot that was calling the script.
Another bot wasn't calling the script.

In the Audit Log, there is a history of BOTs that have already been deleted, and from that log I have confirmed that the "AppTemplateVersion" is not the latest.

Thank you for your advice.
I will use this information to contact support.

If any other users are using your app there could be a chance that one of them is using an older version of your app before you removed the bot.  Bots are versioned as well as your apps so have a check in the audit logs for the app version that is triggering the bot.

@scott192 

As per the answer above, I found that it was running on an older version.
After fixing the AppSheet, how do I get my users to use the latest version?

Hi Emily,

I think your question is one of those that hasn't really got a definitive answer that comes from the Appsheet team.  All I know is that this very problem caused me weeks of frustration in a school where teachers never shut down their workstations...they only close the lids thus preserving any open tabs including running Apps.   Of course there are always ones who ignore your pleas to reboot their computers or close down their tabs and reopen them.

I wonder if it's worth trying unpublishing your app or putting it into pause mode so that it cannot be used and then check the logs for users who are still using it?  You could identify them faster and maybe a visit to their workstations and force close the app would help before re-deploying again?

Top Labels in this Space