Search bar issue

Hi! I’m wondering about whether or not a modest change in the functioning of AppSheet’s search bar (within apps) would be out of the question. Here’s something I wrote today in a related feature request (which was originally initiated by @Andrea_Saccavini😞

It seems to me that the difference between the default functioning of the search bar in apps and Google search’s default functioning is likely to confuse users. It confused me today, which prompted me to look into it.

I see that many ingenious creators have built workarounds for the limitations of the current configuration:

And, I think there are probably some others that I have missed or forgotten.

I wonder, though, if we might have a discussion about the default function itself, not about workarounds. Is the reason for the current configuration technical or functional? In other words, is the current configuration the best that is possible with current technology or is it deemed to be preferable? If it is deemed to be preferable, I would like to suggest that the configuration be reconsidered. As I indicated above, now that AppSheet is part of Google, wouldn’t it make more sense for the search function to emulate the logic of Google search?

I’ll read any responses with interest. Thanks!

0 0 240
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space