Search homonymous name and insert name e surname to different field

Hi everyone
I have a small problem to solve, I have 2 tables, one "staff table" with 3 columns Name, Surname, ID and the other table "Insertion Form".
I should insert the name and surname of my staff in the "Loading Form" table which I look for in the "Staff" table. The problem is that there are names and surnames of the same name. I tried to create a virtual column in the "Staff" table with the concatenate formula. but I can't do what I want. I would like how can I solve it? thank you all
Solved Solved
0 5 104
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry for late reply. I believe you could set a virtual column concatenating the Name and Surname fields, like this: [Name] & " " & [Surname]

You'll then just have to set this virtual column as Label and make it searchable. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Can you give an example to help describe better what you'd like to achieve?

bye thank you
in the organizational table I have a column called name, surname and employee ID.
example "Rossi Luigi" and Rossi Luca" in the "Corsi" table where I put the Form view, I have to insert Name in one field and surname in another, if I write Rossi in the surname field I would like it to automatically fill in the name and id field employee, I know how to do this but how do I choose the other Rossi with a different name? I hope I have made myself clear.

From what I understand, I guess you can make use of the Suggested Values field. 

In your form, make your Name filed of type Enum, and in the Suggested Values field, put a formula like this:

SELECT(table[Name], [Surname] = [_ThisRow].[Surname])

If you still have doubts, please post a screenshots of the columns of your two tables. Thanks.

Hi, thanks, but I think I explained myself badly, I'll show you the two tables. In the example organic table I have: Cannon Francesco Cannon Mart When I enter the surname in the form and type the first 2 letters I would like it to show me the names and surnames so I can choose which one to insert and once chosen, automatically fill in the name field.Organico.pngTable form inserimento.pngform inserimento.png

Sorry for late reply. I believe you could set a virtual column concatenating the Name and Surname fields, like this: [Name] & " " & [Surname]

You'll then just have to set this virtual column as Label and make it searchable. 

Top Labels in this Space