Search in form app made easier?

Hello,

We are trying to create an app that is a form that will provide available schemes based on what the user inputs

We want it to act in the same way that the filter function works on a table view

beneficialwrap_0-1687267543639.png

beneficialwrap_1-1687267584762.png

Any help would be much appreciated

0 5 108
5 REPLIES 5

@beneficialwrap wrote:

provide available schemes based on what the user inputs

I assume this means that based on search criteria selected, the user is presented different views - presumably with different visible columns?

Yes, you can do this.  You will need to create a dedicated Table that houses the search criteria -  most likely BY USER. 

You can then create a Form on this "Search Requests" table.  Attach an action to the Form Save Behavior. On save, the action will determine which view to present and then use a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW()  function which allows you to apply all of the selected criteria and then display the results in the chosen view. 

A side benefit is that you can SAVE these search requests so that all a user needs to do next time is tap a saved row to get the updated view.

If I have assumed incorrectly or you need additional info, please elaborate or ask.

I hope this helps!

Hello,

Essentially, we want the "plan" and its corresponding "description" to be displayed based on the user input. E.g if they pick "cornwall", "D", "25000" and "under 18", then La Flex will display. We just want it to filter out the available plans based on the criteria for each plan if that makes sense..

Understood.  The approach I outlined above should help.

Thanks - I understand what you're saying but not suree how to add the action to the form table. Here's my view:

The form on the right is what I want to submit

beneficialwrap_0-1687426884874.png

And then I want it to show the available energy plans based on the criteria.

I'm not sure how to link the two together?

First you will need to create an action of type "go to another view in this app".  Use the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() function as described above (follow the link above for more details).

Once you have the action built then in your Form View replace the "Form Saved" action under the Behavior section with your new action.  

Now when you Save the Form, the criteria saved in the new row is passed onto the action which will transition to the view you specified AFTER filter the rows using the criteria entered in the Form.

Top Labels in this Space