Search result with two criteria

I have a table called PRICES, said table has 2 drop-down columns [CITY], [CATEGORY] and column [PRICE], this last column contains prices differentiated by categories, what I want is that when selecting the CITY and CATEGORY, it returns the corresponding PRICE .

I have managed to do with VALID IF with dependent menus but I would like to know another way as well as the LOOKUP function

Thank you very much for your reply

Solved Solved
0 2 99
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't personally use dependent dropdowns, because I prefer being able to control the exact behavior of the app, rather than depend on how would the app interpret a certain setup or another. But this is just a personal opinion. 

The expression you can use alternatively is:

ANY( SELECT(table[price], AND(
   [City] = [_ThisRow].[City],
   [Category] = [_ThisRow].[Category]
)))

LOOKUP() is just a wrapper for SELECT(). Please read this excellent post:

FAQ: FILTER(), LOOKUP(), MAXROW(), MINROW(), REF_R... - Google Cloud Community  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't personally use dependent dropdowns, because I prefer being able to control the exact behavior of the app, rather than depend on how would the app interpret a certain setup or another. But this is just a personal opinion. 

The expression you can use alternatively is:

ANY( SELECT(table[price], AND(
   [City] = [_ThisRow].[City],
   [Category] = [_ThisRow].[Category]
)))

LOOKUP() is just a wrapper for SELECT(). Please read this excellent post:

FAQ: FILTER(), LOOKUP(), MAXROW(), MINROW(), REF_R... - Google Cloud Community  

Thank you @Joseph_Seddik  very much, with this expression my query was solved

Top Labels in this Space