Secondary Data Table for Map view not behaving as expected with Interactive Mode in Dashboard view

Hi.

Can anyone explain why this doesn't work as expected.

I have a "Deliveries" table and a "Collections" table.
I have a "Map" view, where the "Deliveries" table is the (primary) data source, with the Map Column = [Delivery Address]. I have set the "Collections" table as the Secondary data table, and the Seconday data column = [Delivery Address] again (because items will be collected from the same address they were previously delviered to.

I then created a new view called "Planning" which is a Dashboard View, and I enabled Interactive Mode. To this dashboard I added a table view of "Deliveries", a table view of "Collections", and the "Map" view. Deliveries have red pins on the map, and collections have blue pins.

In the Planning view, if I select any row from the "Deliveries" table, or any red pin, interactive Mode works, meaning the relevant pin is 'highlighted' the row in the "Deliveries" table is selected, and a "Detail" view opens within the "Map" view. All perfect. I can close the "Detail" view by clicking the row again, or by clicking the 'X' to close it.

HOWEVER, if I select a row in the "Collections" table within the "Planning" view, the behaviour is not the same. Basically nothing happens! Support have told me this is because "Collections" is not the table behind the "Map" view, but this does not make sense to me for the following reasons;

a) "Collections" is set as the Secondary data table in the "Map" view.
b) Blue pins are appearing on the Map for the "Collections".
c) If I click on a blue pin, the "Detail" view does open within the "Map" view.

But, the problems are that the corresponding row is not selected/highlighted in the "Collections" table view within the "Planning" view. Also, if I click on a blue pin, when the "Detail" view opens, clicking on the "X" to close it doesn't work, (I need to click elsewhere on the "Map" view to close it). Clicking on a row in the "Collections" table view does nothing.

I would expect the behaviour for both tables views within the dashboard to be same given that both of them are feeding data to the "Map" view.

Appreciate any thoughts/comments/feedback.

0 1 107
1 REPLY 1

The answer I received from Appsheet Helpdesk is as follows;
"I would like to inform you that we understand their concern that the map view has collections as secondary tables. The secondary table is an optional table and it works as a fallback. If the primary table didn't work then it would work according to the secondary table. Please make another map view on the collections table so that it can work."

This doesn't really make sense to me, especially given that clicking any pin on the map view opens the "Detail View" within the map view, but clicking a row in the Secondary Data Table doesn't behave the same as clicking a row in the Primary Data Table.

The behaviour is inconsistent.

Top Labels in this Space