Secondary pins in map disappear in interactive dashboard

Hi!

I have a database as follows:

Table A:

Final point (address)

Related items B

Table B:

Pick up points (address)

I made a dashboard to visualize all the points, nonetheless, they only show both databases when nothing is selected. I put Table B as the primary table and Table A as the secondary. When I click Item A, only the points of related Items B show up, without the selected Item A. I tried flipping the tables but then the point of the selected item A got highlighted and all points from table B still showed up, not only the related ones

.Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 11.19.16.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-12 at 11.18.58.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-12 at 11.19.03.png

I would like to select Item A and see on the map both the final point and the pickup points of the related items B.

Do you know how could I achieve that behavior?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 6 223
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got it to work if anyone else is wondering. I added a virtual column to table b 'Final point' ([ref A].[Final point]). 

In the map view, I set Table B as the data source with 'Pick up point' as the map column, and Table B as the secondary data table with 'Final point' as the secondary data column.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @AlfredoChavez 

I would suggest using a workaround, with a filtered dashboard.

The essence of the mechanism is described here, though it may be tedious to implement in your case:

Dashboard Filter PF

I tried filtering, and it kinda works, but every time I click an element A, a summary view appears related to the Final point without letting me look at the other points. I created a list in table A with all the addresses from table B and A. How can I visualize the related points in the map?

I tried filtering the address table with all the related points but I still get the same behavior of the last point being highlighted without being able to read about any other point.

Thank you for your help!

I got it to work if anyone else is wondering. I added a virtual column to table b 'Final point' ([ref A].[Final point]). 

In the map view, I set Table B as the data source with 'Pick up point' as the map column, and Table B as the secondary data table with 'Final point' as the secondary data column.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Excellent!

Would you mind sharing screenshots of the result, so that we can visually compare to your initial post?

Thank you!

Sure!

This is what I get when nothing is selected. All points in the database.

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 09.28.14.png

This is what I get when I select a value from table A. 2 pins, start and finish.

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 09.28.27.png

This is what I used to get. Only the starting point pin

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 09.29.53.png

Great job! Thank you for sharing your tip ๐Ÿ˜„

Top Labels in this Space