Security Filtering based on the user email

Hey,

I would like to make Security Filtering based on the user email, and I built my appsheet based on the store number and each store has to use their mail to access to the app. My question is how to let them see only their data, since as their store number is in almost all the recorders of the tables 

Thank you 

Dafer

Solved Solved
0 7 222
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I would create an users table , containing at least two columns, one for email , and one for store number. Store number is the key column. Each store number has only one coresponding email address.

In your main table , one column is store number too. Store number column will be a ref column to the users table.

Then , in the main table security filter , I can write :

[Store number].[user]=useremail()

View solution in original post

I guess so, every table should have it's own security filter. There is no way that I know of to set a security filter that is applied to all tables

It's a default example formula, just click here and it will show

Screenshot_20220127-000418.png

 edit  : along with explanations

Screenshot_20220127-000616.png

7 REPLIES 7

I would create an users table , containing at least two columns, one for email , and one for store number. Store number is the key column. Each store number has only one coresponding email address.

In your main table , one column is store number too. Store number column will be a ref column to the users table.

Then , in the main table security filter , I can write :

[Store number].[user]=useremail()

I did exactly the same what you said, but I have many tables, so should I do the same thing? 

I guess so, every table should have it's own security filter. There is no way that I know of to set a security filter that is applied to all tables

Alright, so what about the admin? 

What I did is, in user table there are tree different authorization roles, first supper which has to access to all data, Second is the corporate which has to access to all data but can not do any edits. the third one is franchise which has to access, see and edit only their data. so how I do the filter in each table?   

Ifs(

Useremail()=owner@business.com;true;

Useremail()<>owner@business.com;[Store number].[user]=useremail()

)

This is my thought on the data filtering.

For the editable or noneditable data, I think you can use the table updates expressions.

Screenshot_20220126-234115.png

Can you post the formula for the editable or non editable data expressions, it's not showing entirely

It's a default example formula, just click here and it will show

Screenshot_20220127-000418.png

 edit  : along with explanations

Screenshot_20220127-000616.png

Top Labels in this Space