Security Question: Can I limit access to my appsheet app to a specific device or pc?

Hi!

I need to restrict access to appsheets from within the office. I can't allow users to have access to the data from outside the office premises. Thanks!

0 5 244
5 REPLIES 5

Doesn’t seem yo be the way to go for the case of a browser running on a desktop PC. 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Michuli wrote:

Can I limit access to my appsheet app to a specific device or pc?

Nope.

Hi Steve, 

I know you are the G.O.A.T here ☺️. Do you think there is a creative way of doing a workaround?

I’m thinking on the lines of security filters with geofencing (not super accurate) combined with office hours access. But not sure. 

Also thinking of an automation to alert me if someone is trying to access the app outside the desired restrictions. 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Michuli wrote:

I’m thinking on the lines of security filters with geofencing (not super accurate) combined with office hours access. But not sure. 

HERE() - AppSheet Help

It is, of course, possible to spoof, and isn't always accurate, but plenty of app creators use it to geofence their apps.

@Michuli wrote:

Also thinking of an automation to alert me if someone is trying to access the app outside the desired restrictions. 

Completely possible, as long as the user makes a data change that will sync to the servers that will trigger the automation.

Top Labels in this Space