Security and Single User Restrictions

Hi there,

I have pretty much designed my app as I wish it to look and work. My hope is that I will put this app out to the market (itโ€™s specific to an industry) and people will subscribe to it monthly.

Is it possible to only allow access to a person on 1 device? I want to avoid people sharing login and password details and want to encourage people to subscribe themselves.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Iโ€™m about to watch a 2 hour YouTube video on security and wondered if anyone knew the answer in case I waste my time.

Thanks so much.
Keeley

1 6 330
6 REPLIES 6

You could certainly build the appropriate functionality by keeping a Table that associates each USEREMAIL() value with a single CONTEXT(โ€œDeviceโ€) value. And then hide views and use Security Filters when the current user doesnโ€™t match. This would not be a trivial thing to set up though.

Are there any instructions on how to do this. It would need to be written for an idiot as Iโ€™m very low down in terms of being tech savvy

Itโ€™s probably not a good idea for you to try, then.

Yah, thatโ€™s about what I was considering saying.

I personally definitely wouldnโ€™t want to put an app out unless I was very confident in how it was built, and in my Appsheet knowledge.

Is there a โ€œhow to restrict 1 user to 1 device, for dummiesโ€? No, certainly not, thatโ€™s not a common situation at all. You have to learn the individual Appsheet topics and then put them together.

Should I employ someone to do this for me then?

This might help with some implementation

Top Labels in this Space