Security and Single User Restrictions

Hi there,

I have pretty much designed my app as I wish it to look and work. My hope is that I will put this app out to the market (it’s specific to an industry) and people will subscribe to it monthly.

Is it possible to only allow access to a person on 1 device? I want to avoid people sharing login and password details and want to encourage people to subscribe themselves.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I’m about to watch a 2 hour YouTube video on security and wondered if anyone knew the answer in case I waste my time.

Thanks so much.
Keeley

1 6 328
6 REPLIES 6

You could certainly build the appropriate functionality by keeping a Table that associates each USEREMAIL() value with a single CONTEXT(“Device”) value. And then hide views and use Security Filters when the current user doesn’t match. This would not be a trivial thing to set up though.

Are there any instructions on how to do this. It would need to be written for an idiot as I’m very low down in terms of being tech savvy

It’s probably not a good idea for you to try, then.

Yah, that’s about what I was considering saying.

I personally definitely wouldn’t want to put an app out unless I was very confident in how it was built, and in my Appsheet knowledge.

Is there a “how to restrict 1 user to 1 device, for dummies”? No, certainly not, that’s not a common situation at all. You have to learn the individual Appsheet topics and then put them together.

Should I employ someone to do this for me then?

This might help with some implementation

Top Labels in this Space