Security filter does not filter second table data

IN([Company], SELECT(company[company], [name] = USEREMAIL()))

This fomula is in the security filter for a data table with company as a column, it works fine and does filter correct on Primary view and also for Form view for this table.

This app has a second data table with company as a column and also this formula in the security filter for this table.
This filter works fine for the Primary view but not for the Form view of this table.

I donโ€™t understand why the second table is not filtered for the data in the Form view.
Should a security filter not filter data of the table and have affect on all views for that table ?

0 9 210
9 REPLIES 9

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A security filter affects all uses of the table.

Please elaborate. Youโ€™ve given us nothing to work with.

Explanation:
In a form for table named โ€œ24h avgโ€ there is a column named company, which is ref to a table in an other spreadsheet, this table name is โ€œcompanyโ€ and has a column named company.
The column in the Form for table โ€œ24h avgโ€ should only show data wich is designated for the useremail.

These are the columns in the table named โ€œcompanyโ€. Column name contain useremail :

key company location block name crop nr local staff
|1| ES Yigit| Ashgabat | c| michelvanruijven@gmail.com |1| Josh|
|2| Delflandasia| Boka 1| 1| him@gmail.com | 1| Jenny|
|3| Delflandasia| Boka 1| 1| her@gmail.com | 1| Joe|

The form for โ€œ234h avgโ€ table has to evaluate itโ€™s column company against the column name in table 3 : Only companies wich are on the same row as the name (=useremail) in table โ€œcompanyโ€ can be shown in the dropdown.

I tried this as security filter for table company:
IN([Company], SELECT(company[company], [name] = USEREMAIL() ))
Result: nothing is shown in form field colomn

I tried this as valid if in 24h avg[company]
FILTER(โ€œcompanyโ€, ( [name] =useremail() ))
Result : all fields are shown in form field column.

Both do not give me what I need.
I cant find a better solution.

Iโ€™m still confused.

Are you trying to use both a security filter and a Valid If expression? If so, why?

Hi Steve,

No not both, I tried one by one.
But I am looking for a security filter because that will only load the rows that equal the filter condition.

Michel.

Outlook voor Android downloaden

Which table do you want to use the security filter for?

Does the security filer for that table correctly filter the rows of that table?

I type the filter condition in the security filter of the table I want to be filtered.

its this formula:
IN([Company], SELECT(company[company], [name] = USEREMAIL()))

The to be filtered table has a โ€œcompanyโ€ column.
The company table also has a โ€œcompanyโ€ and the email column, to be compared with the useremail.

This works all well in my Crop Track app, which has all tables in Excel.

But not in a comparable app, the difference is, the app where the security filter works well and shows only the useremail rows thus is filtered well, has the โ€œcompanyโ€ table in the same spreadsheet as the to be security filtered table, in Excel.

The Scouting app, where the same security filter filters out ALL data, lets nothing through.
This Scouting app has the same โ€œcompanyโ€ table as the Crop Track app ( from the crop track Excel file ) but has the to be filtered table in Google sheets.

That the tables are in Excel or Google Sheets is entirely irrelevant.

Please post screenshots of the Company table configuration for each of the two apps, showing at least the Storage and Security sections for each table configuration.

This is the โ€œcompanyโ€ configuration for the cropTrack app:

This is รงompany table configuration for Scouting app:

I see nothing odd about the table configurations. I note, though, that both tables refer to the same spreadsheet, though youโ€™d previously said one was in Excel and one was a Google Sheet. So either Iโ€™ve misunderstood your problem, or youโ€™ve miscommunicated it. I also see that you have no configured security filter for either, so the configurations you shared are not the configurations that donโ€™t work as desired.

Top Labels in this Space