See my emails within the App or set an external link to a specific email

Hi guys,

I have this case, at my work, a generic email account receives an email everytime the Customer placed its orders.

What I would like to make possible is to have a Table view within the app to view all the emails received in that Gmail account, if not possible, maybe how could I create a button that when user clicks it, it opens that specific Gmail account?

Note that my work uses GSuit accounts.

I am looking this way because the company has blocked the ZAPIER platform, so while I get an approval I am looking alternatives.

Thanks in advance for any comment!

0 11 1,140
11 REPLIES 11

Quickly googled, and this tips might help you to arrange what you want.

I was looking a post like that, but doesnโ€™t work, I think I am asking something little bit complex because of credential, privacy, not sureโ€ฆ

I need to see the emails from a specific GSuit email account not to create and send emails and this should work for every user logged into th App.
And following the url you shared, the links always opens the emails from an index number, also you must be logged into the email account, etc:
3X_9_1_91dc18eb0facaa2fd4405ed37603aee57fc70a95.png

3X_6_4_6461b1d41d2cf422d32a98aa9133c6daeb07db0f.png

You just want to open up the gmail on browser ?

Then this URL should do that job.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?pli=1#inbox

I just found something, with this URL I can open the email account of an specific email

โ€œhttps://mail.google.com/mail/b/EmailAccountIDYouWantToAccess/u/0/#inboxโ€

Since the email I want to access is delegated, I opened from my email I got that link, I already tried with other email I have delegated and works perfect. And I can even play with the link, concatenating some field from the AppSheet to open a personalize link searching something:

The only thing is that I need to delegate the email account I want to access from the App to the usersโ€ฆ and the limit for delegate is up to 25 members.

I probably misunderstood your requirement from the begining, I just thought you tried to open the gmail with google account for the app users, rather than one specific target account, is it correct?
I m not familiar with delegated email, but assuming a email account which is shared across the users? (like group email?)

This is interesting.

To construct the URL, we need to pass EmailAccountID, but where can we get that value?

Thatโ€™s correct.

Yep, thatโ€™s another story: how to get the EmailAccountID. I have google it a little bit but couldnโ€™t found anything, just opening it as delegated I was able to get the ID:

Sure thanks.

I just googled again, and found a simpler solution to open up Gmail on browser with the designated email account.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/?authuser=user@gmail.com

I passed my own gmail account as params for โ€œauthuserโ€ and nicely worked, for your guidance.

not sure if it is going to open โ€œdelegated mailโ€ when you pass the delegated email as params, but intersting to see how you see the result.

I just tested it, and not working on my side, if you have setted another gmail account in your browser, maybe you can test it to see the issue. And either doesnโ€™t work with delegated accounts.

Thanks for sharing the testing result, I got it.

Action to go to external site (url)

you direct to above URl, which will open up Gmail on browser at least, as far as your users ever log into google own account on that device.

I'd like to eventually do this, but instead open up a workspace email group inbox...will report back if I get there!

Top Labels in this Space