Seeking help to develop a bot to merge 2 pdf documents

I am seeking assistance from an experienced AppSheet developer.  I built a bot in my AppSheet app to create a PDF document from data in multiple tables.  I want the bot to merge the document it creates with a second PDF document that is stored in a Google Drive folder.  The bot must select the second PDF document based on a file name created (using the CONCATENATE function) in a virtual column in a table. 

If you are interested in helping with this project, please contact me through this forum with your contact information and labor rate.

Thank you

0 1 56
1 REPLY 1

If, by "merge" you are referring to taking two PDF files and combining them into a single PDF file, unfortunately AppSheet automation by itself would not be able to handle that.  AppSheet cannot, at the moment interact with PDF files and modify them.  We can't even append pages from a file to another.

The only things we can presently do are:

• Generate a PDF file from a template.  AppSheet calls a 3rd-party service to perform this work
  • Open a PDF file for viewing
  • Attach a PDF file to an email

Some alternative approaches would be:

- If the first file is ALSO generated by a template, then you could combine the templates together to produce the single file
- Attach the two PDF files to an email as separate files
- There may be some other services that can open and modify the files.  If there are, I would anticipate these to be limited in their capability.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space