Seems table grouping is funky again...

If I have multiple levels of grouping, and set the last one as "row number", the system is NOT supposed to show a drill-down page for the row numbers... instead it's supposed to group by the previous grouping element.

6e1e5283-cd25-4354-aed1-17d4de70a4c6
You can learn more about multi-level grouping here

The behavior noted in the image above (from the docs) is not happening anymore; instead we're getting an additional drill-down page for the row number. (Which is not helpful).

eba9a06b-7175-4e40-9549-4d2c5d4f2257

In the gif above, I shouldn't see the # grouping - instead I should see a table of all the records for the J33 grouping.

-------------------------------------------------------------
For reference this method of controlling the grouping is a "special" case.
- The ultimate behavior we (the app users) were wanting was:
- Drill down, and on the last grouping, you see the records grouped by that grouping.

To make this happen, originally we could insert duplicate entries into the grouping options on the view; meaning if I wanted to see records grouped by the last grouping option... we would literally insert a duplicate of that option.

Group By: [Status]
                    [Status]

The fields in the view (where we select what column to use) were changed at some point a few years ago to NOT allow duplicates... this broke that behavior that us app users were depending on.

To make things work, they inserted a special case for the row number as the last option in the grouping.
- This special scenario has just broken.

4 6 169
6 REPLIES 6

I confirm I've also noticed this unexpected change. 

I hope this is going to be fixed. This will be a real mess. The original method was good.

@Lynn Are you able to send a support ticket for this? Matt did that but I would like to investigate another app as well.

Just to update; it seems this isn't happening across the system.  In fact, the more @Aleksi and I investigate we're finding it was only limited to that one table view in that one app.  

- All my other apps work just fine; and in fact others inside the same app as the one from the screenshots above work too!

Seems we've got a corrupted view or something.  (I've heard of that happening before; something get's messed up in the code for the view element. Only way to fix is to simply start over for that view, creating a new one and just mirroring all the setups. 5 minutes to fix... no big deal)

That is good news. Sorry can't @ you or like this as this community doesn't work too good on mobile

@AndrewB ^^

Top Labels in this Space