Select The Order of Items Selected in Enum List of Refs

Good Day everyone,

Something to Think on,

Very soon in the next few days I’m going to have to create an Enum List with the base Type of Refs.

I need to be able to control the order in which they are displayed. How would this be done. Is there a well known trick for this?

What have you guys implemented to overcome this.
Have you had a similar problem in the past?

Any help and insight + Tips/Tricks would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Solved Solved
0 8 449
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jonathan_S This sounds weird. I made a quick test and for me the EnumList’s values are exactly in that order you selected them.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ok,

So I have Items

A
B
C
D
E

If A, C, D are selected but I want them in Order C, A, D, how would this work?

I need the user to be able to select the order.
The EmunList with Based Ref is All ingredients used in our plant.

We need to implement a product specifications, I had everything finished, but forgot the ingredients need to be ordered by usage. So Flour being most of a product would be ingredient 1, salt being only a minute amount may be seconds last… Etc.

So by Selecting Flour first form the Enum list it would appear first?

@Jonathan_S
I remember that earlier it was as per the order of the ENUMLIST data, however it was then changed as per clicking/selection order if I’m not wrong. @Aleksi might remember and know better than me.

Yeah Ive already Tried it, does not matter what order you select it in, it always goes to the order of the Enumlist Data.

In my experience, the order the item is selected by the user is the order it’s saved in the EnumList.

ok update, I have a different version of the Enum-List on my account. Should be changed to Respect Selection order today or tomorrow on my account.

Thank you all for your help @Aleksi

@Jonathan_S This sounds weird. I made a quick test and for me the EnumList’s values are exactly in that order you selected them.

Not for me.
You want to check it out, its in the HACCP APP you’ve been looking into.

Top Labels in this Space