Select YES if result of date 1column + date 2 column are equal, select no if not

I am trying to get an auto select of a Yes/No result. I am comparing one date and if the second date is within 30 days of date 1, select the yes box, if not, select the no box. 

Currently I have date 1 in one row, date 2 in the next and a virtual row that calculate 30 days after date 1. third row I have as an ENUM with yes and no options. 

Hope the question makes sense, I am new at this app sheet stuff, please be gentle.

Thanks in advance

Solved Solved
0 6 84
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Don't worry, there is no stupid question as they say.

The virtual column (because virtual rows doesn't exist) is not needed.

Your enum could be a Y/N Column also.

Anyway, the expression would be:

[Date2]<=([Date1]+30)

This will be true if Date2 is minor than Date1 plus 30 days.

PS: If you wanted this to be on the "next month" there is an expression for that

View solution in original post

Much appreciated, I am using the Virtual Column as a visual result in the app. But if I can avoid having to make a user actually select a box, and have it already selected by the data already supplied earlier all the better, right?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Don't worry, there is no stupid question as they say.

The virtual column (because virtual rows doesn't exist) is not needed.

Your enum could be a Y/N Column also.

Anyway, the expression would be:

[Date2]<=([Date1]+30)

This will be true if Date2 is minor than Date1 plus 30 days.

PS: If you wanted this to be on the "next month" there is an expression for that

Much appreciated, I am using the Virtual Column as a visual result in the app. But if I can avoid having to make a user actually select a box, and have it already selected by the data already supplied earlier all the better, right?

I mean, you should automate as much as possible, so yes. But, did it work (the expression)?

I hate to show how little I actually understand of this appsheet ... The expression shows as valid, but I must have it in the wrong type of column.

The expression is valid but its result type 'Yes/No' is not one of the expected types: Enum

Yes, as I told before, you need a Y/N type of column instead of Enum, unless there are more than 2 options.

Can you show here your Enum's column config?

Just to make sure you can safely change it to YN

I must remember to click save.... 

Changed the column to Yes/no and it works YAY!!!

One problem fixed, Thanks

Top Labels in this Space