Select a key according to the user's choices

Hi there,

I come back to you with a new question!

CONTEXT
I have a table [Defects] which contains all the information about my defects. Each defect is assigned a certain number of points according to different criteria (size, number, location).
I also have a table [List of defects] which allows you to select the defect encountered during an inspection.

During the inspection, the user fills out a form via the [List of defects] table where he can choose his defect step by step (I encounter this type of defect, I select its size then the number of defects I encounter). At the end of this a number of points is awarded.

> QUESTION
I would like that according to the selected information, I can go back to the key of the defect and that according to this key I assign a number of defect.
How could I go about it?

0 3 107
3 REPLIES 3

You probably need to share more details--maybe screenshots--about the columns in each table.

Potentially, it's as straightforward as creating a virtual column with the following App formula in your Defects table.

COUNT([Related List of Defects])

These are my tables

Laurine_0-1662524098060.png

Laurine_1-1662524123194.png

Did you try this? Does it provide what you need?

COUNT([Related Liste défaut...])

In your Défauts table, consider whether you want your key column to be [ID Defect] rather than [Nom de défaut]. That would be more typical, but may not matter if the values in [Nom de défaut] are reliably unique.

Top Labels in this Space