Select either date or n/a

Hi everyone,

Is there any way I can create an enum selection of either "N/A" or date select?

I'm sure there must be a way but I can't seem to figure it out.

@MultiTech 

1 5 114
5 REPLIES 5

I'm not sure what do you mean by "date select". What is the base type of your Enum? Would you please elaborate your request a little more, thanks.

Sorry AleksiAlkio.  I'll try to explain better.

I would like to be able to select "N/A" if not applicable however if applicable I would like to be able to select a date that the job was completed rather than just select "Complete".

Are you looking for a solution to select the date from a different table or just type it?

If you just need to type it, you can use this setup..

AleksiAlkio_0-1690957802884.png

I think I see what you're shooting for, and you're going to run into some downstream problems that you'll have to take special consideration in order to make this sort of set up work.

The downstream problem you'll run into is the fact that you'll very likely want to do something with the date, like date math or something; but in order to get your drop down to display both date values and text, you have to settle on the base type of text for your enum.

This will allow you to include the option "N/A" - a string value - along with date values.

To get your drop-down list options, you'll have to come up with a valid if formula that creates the list of options. You could try something along these lines:

DATE_VALUE_LIST + List("N/A")

This will give you a drop-down in your enum that will include your date values as well as the not applicable value. 

When you wish to use the date value as an actual date value, you just need to wrap your enum column with the date() formula to convert the value back into a date.

Hope it helps! ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space