Select multiply product codes AND enter the quantity used

Kia ora, 

I've created an app for our service techs to use, so we can capture data needed eg: customer, PO, images and product used for that particular job. They have been using it for the last couple of years and it works really well however our team has grown and our inventory is at 900 units so I'd like to make it easier for them to select the product they used on the job, and the quantity. 

I'd like them to be able to click in the form field and start typing the product code or description, then add the quantity used. Also note, I'm about to implement barcodes which should be even faster.

It would save them time trying to find the part number as this is what they are doing....

Parts usedParts used

I've searched through the forum but can't find a solution for doing this in the form field, with the quantity. I can select multiply products but don't know how to add the quantity for each. 

I have created the products sheet to reference.

Your help would be much appreciated as this would definitely be the next step to streamlining our process. 

Annette

0 4 131
4 REPLIES 4

Schaue mal dieses tolle Erklärvideo zum Thema: INPUT für MENGE  

Thanks so much for your help but I haven't resolved yet. I'm sure the answer is right in front of me as your links suggest but it seems this one is too tricky for me. 

I'll keep tinkering away on this 🙂 

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Kia ora @AnnieJean007 

You need to use a pattern as indicated by @dbaum: basically, it is defined like this, with two tables:

- Table ORDER, with columns id, description

- Table ORDERDETAIL, with column id, ORDER (with the option "is a part of" checked), PRODUCT, quantity

Here is a documentation explaining this: References between tables - AppSheet Help

EDIT:

I just made a sample app describing this mechanism. Feel free to explore it and copy it for your own use and understanding 🙂

PF_OrderInline

Top Labels in this Space