Select row in slice to look up against

Hi, I have a slicebased on user input.

I have 4 columns in a table named "user assign details"as below

|Unique Id| User Id| Next Call| Counties To Include|

1 |phil@listersbrewery.com| 22/10/2019| West Sussex|

2 bob@listersbrewery.com 15/11/2019 East sussex

Expression is as below where the main table is checked for rows with columns that match User Id, Next Call and Counties to Include.

AND(CONTAINS(User Assign Details[Counties To Include],[County]),CONTAINS(User Assign Details[Next Call],[Next Call],))

I would like also like to specify which row in the slice by Unique Id to check against so that I can assign a slice to each row and therefore user.

Thanks

Phil

Solved Solved
0 9 636
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Got It!

AND( IN( [County], SELECT( User Assign Details[Counties To Include], [Unique Id] =โ€œ1โ€ ) ),
IN( [Next Call], SELECT( User Assign Details[Next Call], [Unique Id] =โ€œ1โ€ ) ))

Thanks Guys

Phil

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I think this needs a little more elaboration to help us understand what you are trying to achieve.

Hi,

There are are two tables. The main table โ€œFull List Tableโ€ holds rows with outlets/pubs.

The second โ€œUser Assign Detailsโ€ has inputs by the user in columns User Id, Next Call and Counties To Include. A slice is based on those inputs to return outlets ithat are in the โ€œcountyโ€ selected with โ€œnext callโ€ column matching the date entered.

Currently the expression in the post above shows this as the description

ALL these statements are true:
โ€ฆ1: (USER ASSIGN DETAILS[Counties To Include]) contains the text value (The value of column โ€˜Countyโ€™)
โ€ฆ2: (USER ASSIGN DETAILS[Next Call]) contains the text value (The value of column โ€˜Next Callโ€™)

which works fine except that outlets that are in West Sussex and East Sussex and have a next call on 22/10/2019 and 15/11/2019 are returned. The expression has filtered the rows in the main Full List Table by both rows in the User Assign Details table.

I would like to specify which row in the User Assign Table to look up against to only return outlets that match criteria in the row in the table with Unique Id โ€œ1โ€ - outlets in West Sussex with next call due on 22/10/2019.

That would result in something like below:

โ€ฆ1: (USER ASSIGN DETAILS[Counties To Include])from the row that contains Unique Id โ€œ1โ€ contains the text value (The value of column โ€˜Countyโ€™)
โ€ฆ2: (USER ASSIGN DETAILS[Next Call])from the row that contains Unique Id โ€œ1โ€ contains the text value (The value of column โ€˜Next Callโ€™)

This is a version of the โ€œSlice Based On User Inputโ€ demo app.

I hope this helps

Many thanks

Phil

Try:

AND(
  IN(
    [County],
    SELECT(
      User Assign Details[Counties To Include],
      (USEREMAIL() = [User Id])
    )
  ),
  IN(
    [Next Call],
    SELECT(
      User Assign Details[Next Call],
      (USEREMAIL() = [User Id])
    )
  )
)

Hi thanks Steve,

Nearly there. The user Id if just for reference. I just want to use Unique Id = โ€œ1โ€ as the row reference.

So the description would read something like this

โ€ฆ1: (The value of column โ€˜Countyโ€™) is one of the values in the list (The list of values of column โ€˜Counties To Includeโ€™
โ€ฆfrom rows of table โ€˜USER ASSIGN DETAILSโ€™
โ€ฆwhere this condition is true: Unique Id = โ€œ1โ€
โ€ฆ2: (The value of column โ€˜Next Callโ€™) is one of the values in the list (The list of values of column โ€˜Next Callโ€™
โ€ฆwhere this condition is true: Unique Id = โ€œ1โ€

thanks

Phil

Got It!

AND( IN( [County], SELECT( User Assign Details[Counties To Include], [Unique Id] =โ€œ1โ€ ) ),
IN( [Next Call], SELECT( User Assign Details[Next Call], [Unique Id] =โ€œ1โ€ ) ))

Thanks Guys

Phil

Hi Steve,

The expression works but only with single values in the โ€œcounties to includeโ€ and โ€œnext callโ€. I have multiple counties and dates selected from enumlists in the input part.

Can you help me with a โ€œCONTAINSโ€ expression please where "User Assign Details[Counties to Include] CONTAINS [County]

The desciption of the expression (below) with IN suggests that it would do this but it is not returning a Yes/No unless there are single values on the input cells for example โ€œAberdeenshireโ€ vs โ€œAberdeenshire, Angusโ€

1: (The value of column โ€˜Countyโ€™) is one of the values in the list (The list of values of column โ€˜Counties To Includeโ€™
โ€ฆwhere this condition is true: ((The value of column โ€˜Unique Idโ€™) is equal to (โ€œ1โ€)))
โ€ฆ2: (The value of column โ€˜Next Callโ€™) is one of the values in the list (The list of values of column โ€˜Next Callโ€™
โ€ฆwhere this condition is true: ((The value of column โ€˜Unique Idโ€™) is equal to (โ€œ1โ€)))

Many thanks

Phil

In the User Assign Details table, Counties To Include is plural, implying it contains a list of values, and Next Call is singular, implying it contains only a single value. In the Full List Table table, County is singular implying it contains only a single value; likewise for Next Call.

The expression I provided should accommodate my interpretation.

How have I misinterpreted your needs?

Hi Steve,

No, youโ€™ve understood pefectly. The expression work fine I realised but the Next Call element was stopping it from working. For some reason the date element doesnโ€™t work as though somthing isnโ€™t formatted correctly somewhere and so dates that should match arenโ€™t.

Many thanks

Phil

Please provide screenshots of the Next Call column configurations from the two tables.

Top Labels in this Space