Selecting child Rows using LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW

Erike

Hello. I hope the community can help me.

The problem I have is that in the expression LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() I always get an error.

The use case is very simple: I have two tables, one for orders and another for products within that order.

The tables are called:

The order table: LGOrd Service and has a key field id

The table for products: LGOrdLineas and has a reference field to the previous table: ServiceId

When I am viewing one order I need to be able to go to a view where all the lines of that order are displayed. In that view I need to use the block editing function.

Thatโ€™s why Iโ€™ve created an action that allows me to go to that view. This is the defined behavior and its error:

The expression LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW( view-name , filter-expr ) has only two components. view-name and filter-expr.

The instruction you see at this moment is this:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW( view lines, SELECT(LGOrdLineas[name], ([ServicioId] = [_THISROW].[id]), TRUE)

But I have also tried different options:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(Ver lineas, FILTER(LGOrdLineas, ([ServicioId] = [_THISROW].[id])))

I have written the view-name component with and without quotes. It does not work in either case. This view is a table view.

3X_f_e_fef7afd9c646293162b16ec95e476394cbc4637d.png

The component filter-expr I think it is good because I have generated a virtual column that is calculated with the same filter-expr. And in the virtual column works perfectly generating the expected results.

It is evident that I have made a mistake somewhere but I am unable to find my error.

Solved Solved
0 2 312
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Erike
Your expression syntax is not correct. Try with this:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(
    "Ver lineas",
   ([ServicioId] = [_THISROW].[id])
)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Erike