Selecting multiple partitions to access simultaneously

Currently, users of my app can only access a single partition out of the six. Now, I have to give one of them access to all partitions and another to just three simultaneously.

I tried changing the user settings type to EnumList (from Enum before) and the app does show a list and allows me to select multiple partitions. But after saving only the first partition is accessible.

Solved Solved
0 10 220
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

With the partition, unfortunately you can use only one partition at the same time.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

I don't believe it is possible to load from more than one partition at a time, but I'm not certain. Are you sure partitions are appropriate for your needs?

Yes, we've had the partitions for a while now and most of the users only need to access one partition at a time except for the two that due to their levels need to access all or several at once.

Could you not just use Security Filters?

Ah, currently we're using security filters along the data partitions due to the volume of data. Before when we only had security filters, the users experienced significantly slower sync times.

Are we talking spreadsheet sources here? If so, you'd get a lot more performance benefit from (well-constructed) Security Filters if you can transition to a proper database, without the need for partitioning.

Yes, we're currently using google sheets. The data is partitioned between different sheets in the same worksheet.

Oh, can you expound on what you mean by a proper database? Did you mean SQL? 

@B_Reyes wrote:

Did you mean SQL?

Yes

Thank you! We'll definitely check that out.

With the partition, unfortunately you can use only one partition at the same time.

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Top Labels in this Space