Send a notification automation to branded android app not working, but FCM notifications working.

We have a strange predicament where the "Send a Notification" automation will not send a push notification to our branded Android (APK) app. However, it will send a notification to a device that has the app downloaded through the AppSheet app (not an actual iOS or Android app).

We are able to send a push notification to our APK app through FCM using the new campaign form. So we know Firebase is configured correctly for our app. We just cannot figure out why the push notification functionality built into AppSheet isn't working.

0 1 155
1 REPLY 1

I recommend to first review this article for any details that may help.  There are a few paragraphs on how notifications work for branded apps, thought they seem purely informational.

Send a notification from an automation

Based on my understanding, you shouldn't need to do anything special for a branded app.  If the above information doesn't help then I strongly recommend contacting AppSheet support.  There may have been a bug introduced.
Top Labels in this Space