Send email to selected users on selected date

Hello,

Thank you for reading my post. 

I'm in the process of creating a mapping app for the homelessness charity I work for, so we can track rough sleeping and begging spots. I have 2 data sources attached to my app. One is connected to the map, for gathering all the data I require. The other is a list of team members. 

When a user places a pin on the map to highlight a spot, some data is captured automatically, such as the date the pin was placed. The users are then prompted to select a next check in date, so they can check the spot in 5/6/7 days or whatever date they choose. The user is then prompted to select which staff member is placing the pin. Here I have selected a drop-down menu of all staff which is connected to a second data source on my map. This data source has each staff member's full contact details. 

My question is, is it possibly to create a bot that will send an automatic email to user(s) who placed the pin when the 'next check in date' is due.

I'm sorry if this is not clear, happy to provide more information. I'm still learning this platform and aren't familiar with the formulas yet. 

Thank you

Ronan

0 2 140
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, but what I'd do is to have a column with an initial value of UserEmail().  This will put their login email in there.  Then sending emails is a formality. 

As your a charity, DM on here (or work out my email form the text below) and maybe I can give you 30-60mins of dev time to help you along ๐Ÿ™‚

Simon, 1minManager.com

Hi Simon, thank you very much for the offer. I might take you up on it as my app grows. I'll be in touch ๐Ÿ˜€

Take care

Ronan

Top Labels in this Space