Sending SMS Text (Actions)

So i want to send a text but i want to auto populate the text with a cell. I was able to do this in the past, but for some reason, this no longer works.

Iโ€™ve tested the expression and I get the cell that I want to auto populate into the text, but when I actually click on the SMS icon on my cell, only the Messages app opens, there is no text.

Do This: External: Start a text Message
The To Field has the Column Name which has the phone numbers
The messages field has the Column name that has the messages in it.

The behavior which i did not change yet only has, true in it. Iโ€™m not sure if i need to add something here to make it work?

0 3 1,545
3 REPLIES 3

May I ask what formula do you have in your message field?

Hi @Aleksi , its working now. I tried it on someone elses phone and the SMS Action copied the cell content over to the SMS App on their Cell. I think its the SMS app that was not allowing it. I downloaded another SMS app, Textra and everything is working as it should.

I was using the Android Messenger app and it was not working. I tried the SAmsung Messages app and it wouldnโ€™t even open the app and then I tried Textra and its working.

The Message field you are asking about has the Column Name from my Google Sheets which has content i want to send to someone via SMS. [SMSmessage]

Excellent!

Top Labels in this Space