Sending package arrival alert for customers

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member in the community and trying to build my first application via APPSHEET

I would like to know first if the notification feature works in the free undeployed plan (as am still testing the app and building it) ? if yes, I hope that someone can assist me with my question.

I have seen the notification feature in the app and am curious about it is functionality and if it can be done in this way:

for example, I have a table that has these columns
package number, customer name, Quantity

the table has different customer names, so what I am hoping to be able to achieve is if there is a way that the application will be automatically able to send an alert to each clientโ€™s email address (example below) :

"Dear Customer,

this is to inform you that your order โ€œpackage numberโ€ โ€œQTYโ€ has arrived in our store and its ready to be picked up.

thank you"

I would like to thank you for giving me an idea if this is possible to achieve.

thank you

Solved Solved
0 2 114
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Hussein_Osseily

Welcome to the community !

Short answer is: Yes
Long answer is: you will be the only recipient of every notification or email sent by the app. Moreover, Schedule bots wonโ€™t work unless you manually run these.

About that:

I suggest you have a look there, in order to get familiar with bots:

Then try to create a new bot, and make some changes on the one you created in order to match your expectations.
(I suggest you pick one that will send an email)
3X_2_5_25609b87f617f84ba98de0c71889981ebda8653e.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Hussein_Osseily

Welcome to the community !

Short answer is: Yes
Long answer is: you will be the only recipient of every notification or email sent by the app. Moreover, Schedule bots wonโ€™t work unless you manually run these.

About that:

I suggest you have a look there, in order to get familiar with bots:

Then try to create a new bot, and make some changes on the one you created in order to match your expectations.
(I suggest you pick one that will send an email)
3X_2_5_25609b87f617f84ba98de0c71889981ebda8653e.png

Thanks for your great direct answer to what am searching for, i will have a look in this section.

Cheers mate

Top Labels in this Space