Sequencial Format Rule Output

Hi Guys

Is it possible to have a sequencial format rule ouput at column H regardless of any values in other column by considering 0 is a reset. That mean pick the column value in sequance which is > 0. And if Col A to Col G is 0 return at H=0. Below is column Col A to Column I would like to prioritise the output at column H accordinlgy

desmond_lee_0-1694044368738.png

Solved Solved
0 3 153
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Guys

I manage to resolve this in another way and I hope I am doing the right way. First thing this is a live code which highly depend on form input and timebase triggering automation. Thus setvalue at the table will never work. I use a virtual column. Why these codes need to be display in priority. Simple example when a tool is scrap the code is 24.6. When this action is happened the rest of the activities is completely useless so this code has ti display first as an alert do not do anything further. Tool is scraped. So this is the sequence  highest priority to lowest (1) Scrap Code (2) Stoctake Code (3) Loan Code (4) Cal Code (5) PM Code (6) Repair Code (2) Issuance Code. I made this expression and feed it as one single simple expression to the Format Rule column. 

IF([SCRAP CODE]>0,[SCRAP CODE],
IF([STOCKTAKE CODE]>0,[STOCKTAKE CODE],
IF([REPAIR CODE]>0,[REPAIR CODE],
IF([PM CODE]>0,[PM CODE],
IF([CAL CODE]>0,[CAL CODE],
IF([LOAN CODE]>0,[LOAN CODE],
IF([ISSUANCE CODE]=1,[ISSUANCE CODE],
IF([ISSUANCE CODE]=0,[ISSUANCE CODE],"")
)))))))

Arrange them in oder and put in simple rule one by one

desmond_lee_0-1694510282859.png

Arrange the code on the phone in sequence so as it easier to view. See below evidence that 2 codes coexist but expression pick Stocktake Code as the higher priority. Repair Code 4.1 is tool under repair 6 months ago but Stocktake Code 12 request to performance a stocktake to ensure the tool is still there. When Stocktake is perform Stocktake Code reset to 0 and Repair Code will shows up to proceed repair activity

desmond_lee_1-1694510380372.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You probably haven't received any response here because this doesn't make any sense. Can you describe it another way?

Hi Marc

Thank for response. In my mfg process it does. We call this prioritize processes. If I were to use google formula that's not defficult but I want everything in appsheet. Let's take this example. If your tool is sent to the workshop to repair and you waited 6 months there is no news. Myabe the tool is still there or may the mechanic has throw it away or many he lost it. The process to make sure is the owner of the tool perform a stocktake. Only the tool is there the mechanic can proceed to repair. If there tool is lost there is NOTHING to proceed.

That prioritize process is STOCKTAKE and when the auditor perform this and submitted this form it sends the stocktake code to 0 so as the next process can be proceeded. This mean in this apps that I develop STOCKTAKE CODE is a super code it freezes any code in the above table untill you perform that process. And I arrange those codes in sequence to my processes priority. Hope that make sense to you

Another example below in the filter dropdown list

desmond_lee_0-1694316069243.png

THIS IS TOOL PRENVENTIVE MAINTENANCE ...

(1) STOCKTAKE =0 Mean you must audit the took is still there before you can proceed to PM (2) When the tool is scrap the code is 24.6. If the tool is scrap when what is there to perform PM? So the scrap code is 0 mean the tool is still active. When the tool is send to repair the code is 4.1. If the tool is under repair what is there to perform PM? So the dropdow filetered of this 4.1. I achieve all these but I don't know how to display then in sequence under format rule

Hi Guys

I manage to resolve this in another way and I hope I am doing the right way. First thing this is a live code which highly depend on form input and timebase triggering automation. Thus setvalue at the table will never work. I use a virtual column. Why these codes need to be display in priority. Simple example when a tool is scrap the code is 24.6. When this action is happened the rest of the activities is completely useless so this code has ti display first as an alert do not do anything further. Tool is scraped. So this is the sequence  highest priority to lowest (1) Scrap Code (2) Stoctake Code (3) Loan Code (4) Cal Code (5) PM Code (6) Repair Code (2) Issuance Code. I made this expression and feed it as one single simple expression to the Format Rule column. 

IF([SCRAP CODE]>0,[SCRAP CODE],
IF([STOCKTAKE CODE]>0,[STOCKTAKE CODE],
IF([REPAIR CODE]>0,[REPAIR CODE],
IF([PM CODE]>0,[PM CODE],
IF([CAL CODE]>0,[CAL CODE],
IF([LOAN CODE]>0,[LOAN CODE],
IF([ISSUANCE CODE]=1,[ISSUANCE CODE],
IF([ISSUANCE CODE]=0,[ISSUANCE CODE],"")
)))))))

Arrange them in oder and put in simple rule one by one

desmond_lee_0-1694510282859.png

Arrange the code on the phone in sequence so as it easier to view. See below evidence that 2 codes coexist but expression pick Stocktake Code as the higher priority. Repair Code 4.1 is tool under repair 6 months ago but Stocktake Code 12 request to performance a stocktake to ensure the tool is still there. When Stocktake is perform Stocktake Code reset to 0 and Repair Code will shows up to proceed repair activity

desmond_lee_1-1694510380372.png

Top Labels in this Space