Session timeout results in loosing latest entries

Hi, 

Got an Appsheet app and some users are using it from Chrome in windows. The problem is that after a while (might be days) the session seems to timeout, i.e require a new login, which is fine but it only happens after the users have entered data so when the new login page comes up (they are all google workspace users) and they login again all the entered data is gone. Is there anyway to force the appsheet page to require a new login before any data is entered? 

Thanks in advance. 

0 6 195
6 REPLIES 6

Try with: Behavior -> Offline/Sync -> Sync on start

Hi, already have that set, these are the current settings. Maybe the "The app can start when offline" is the culprit? 

Kurjovikens_Braฬˆnneri_-_AppSheet.jpg

The only thing I could tell you is to disable Delta Sync if you have it enabled.

Other than that I'm sorry I don't know. Probably others in the community can help.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

In my experience, the app will restart periodically even if not closed or force-stopped. I don't know if this is an AppSheet thing, or a mobile device thing. Given that most other apps on my device also restart periodically, I'd guess it's a device thing. Best to encourage your users to sync at least daily.

If users are leaving forms unsaved for more than a few minutes, I would strongly encourage you to restructure your input process to avoid this.

I dont have the problem on the mobile app, only when using it in the chrome browser on a computer (windows). 

Ah, sorry. Missed that detail.

In my experience with Google Workspace, idle sessions do timeout. I don't believe there is a way to avoid this except to not be idle too long.

Top Labels in this Space