Set/re-use Google Calendar ID

My app handles catering-events. I have an "Events" table with all the necessary data (date, start, end, food, beverages, address, etc.). When I create an event in this table, a bot automatically creates two Google Calendar entries: an all-day "Block" event and a more detailed event with start/end time etc. This works just fine.

Now, when I make changes to an event (e.g. different starting time), I need to update the corresponding Google Calendar event, not create a new one. Currently I'm including the "Event" key in the calendar entry description and look this up (via bot/action).

I have a column "Calendar Entry" in the events table which is set to "TRUE" when an entry is created, which serves as a branching condition in the bot - if TRUE, look up event ID in Calendar, change entry (with the help of a temp calendar values table) - if FALSE, create new entry. This works OK-ish, somehow I sometimes still end up with multiple calendar entries for the same event. Also, the process seems rather bulky.

What I want to do is: When a new row to "Events" is added, create Google Calendar entry, and add Calendar Event ID to events table, so this can then be used to look up the event in the calendar when it changes. Seems straightforward, no?

We currently can't set the Google Calendar ID via bot (why?!). Otherwise, I'd just set it to a concatenation of event key (which is a uniqueid()) and "block", for example, which I could then re-use to update the event(s).

So, how do I get the automatically set Google Calendar Event ID of the entry the bot just created (via "Add row to another table" action)? I have a feeling this could be done using return values, but somehow I can't wrap my mind around the "how".

Appreciate any help.

0 0 91
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space