Set value of a column which is set to be not editable

Hi everyone, I am building an app which will be filled with old data coming from a crap database. In one of the tables, I have a column called 'Obsolete'. It is set not to be editable but it will still be showing in the view as the content can be valuable for the users.  The following column in the view might be the future data deducted by the user from the obsolete one.

I would like that when the user enters a value in the next column, then we could consider the obsolete one useless, that on save to wipe out the Obsolete one.

I've tried to create an action to do so with "Data: set a value ..." , but as the Obsolete column is set not to be editable, it can't be chosen.

Would there be a workaround to achieve this?

Solved Solved
0 3 123
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Add a formula to your "Editable" option something like CONTEXT("View")<>"Your form view name". When the form view is closed, it allows the Event action to update your column.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Add a formula to your "Editable" option something like CONTEXT("View")<>"Your form view name". When the form view is closed, it allows the Event action to update your column.

Thank you very much Aleksi. It works!

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space