Setting User Specific Filter

Hi, 

I am trying to set my filter so that each user has their own filter. I have the filter in the User table and it will filter the Budget table to show specific budget for the job selected. 

The filter will work when it is set like: 

ANY(Users[Filter]) = [Job]

However this is not user specific the same filter is used for everyone. 

When I change it to the below it is not working but how else do I have it user specific. 

ANY(SELECT(Users[Filter], USEREMAIL()=[User Email]))=[Job]

Any help would be great. Thanks

0 2 81
2 REPLIES 2

Create a slice limiting the Users table to the current user's row. See a link to an explanation of that technique in the "Custom user metadata" section of  SUMMARY TIP: User permissions, roles, and settings - Google Cloud Community

This sounds like maybe you are trying to implement dynamic filtering based on a value under [Filter] column in the user table. Does the Users table have a security filter that returns only the row(s) for the current user? It sounds like maybe this is not the case, and ANY() literally chooses the first row in the Users table in this case if it is not already filtered to the current user. Your second example technically speaking should work, because in this instance you are filtering the user table and retrieving that user's filter (column) value. So in that case, I am wondering if the user you are testing this with has an actual entry in the [Filter] column? Generally speaking where do you currently have either expression located? Is it in the security filter of the Users table or Job table? Or is this filtering for a slice?

I happen to have a scenario where I am applying the same principle in an application, however our use cases could be significantly different that my solution might not work for you.

Top Labels in this Space